iPhone users can get digital support to help them quit smoking, thanks to a new app from the Department of Health.
• Daily hints and tips to manage cravings
• A running tally on how much money quitters have saved, or could have saved, by not buying cigarettes
• A counter to show how many days, hours and minutes users have been smokefree
• Instant access to the national Stop Smoking Helpline and specialist advisors
• Contact information for local Stop Smoking Services across Yorkshire and the Humber and beyond
The new app, which is compatible with the iPhone and iPod Touch. is available from iTunes, www.smokefree.nhs.uk and NHS Choices.
For those that do not have an iPhone or iPod touch, they can text the word calculator to 64746 to receive information on an NHS Choices smoking calculator.