Cat on a hot tin roof

Firefighters are warning people not to re-enter burning properties, no matter what possessions may be left inside, after a man was forced to jump from his first floor flat in Stocksbridge.

The fire had broken out in the kitchen of the flat on Pot House Lane, Stocksbridge, at around 11.00pm on Monday night, caused by a chip pan.

The male and female occupants escaped the blaze but the man re-entered the flat to look for a cat, who wasn’t there, and was forced to jump to escape the fire. He was not injured.

A fire service spokesman said: “Our advice to anyone who finds a fire in their property is to get out, stay out, and call 999. It is not worth risking your life to re-enter a burning building.”

Advertisements

One response to “Cat on a hot tin roof

  1. A few years ago there was a fire in the building where I was working. While everybody was going down the stairs (fairly calmly) somebody was forcing her way up the stairs. I shouted at her to turn around and get out of the building and she said she wanted to put her phone on to ‘divert’.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s