Stannington fag fire

A devastating fire in a Stannington house was probably caused by a cigarette left smouldering, according to firefighters.

On National No Smoking Day, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue warned residents to follow crucial safety tips and revealed that more fire deaths are caused by smoking related incidents than any other type of fire.

In this incident, on Monday evening, the back bedroom and loft of a terraced house on Woodfarm Drive were fire damaged, with the rest of the house smoke logged.

Firefighters were called at 8.55pm and spent most of the evening putting the fire out and ensuring it didn’t spread through the roof void to a neighbouring property.

Fortunately the female resident was not injured.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s