Toddler fine after fire

A 15-month-old boy was taken to hospital after a fire at his Sheffield home.

The toddler appeared to be fine despite the minor fire in Whitehouse Lane, Kelvin, just before 6am on Tuesday morning, but paramedics advised the precautionary check-up due to the acrid black smoke in the property.

The boy had been sleeping in the front room with his mum when an electrical heater, which had been keeping them warm, set a rug on fire. Although the blaze was small, and was already out when firefighters arrived, the plastic heater gave off the thick smoke when it caught fire.

NW Sheffield News wishes mum and son well. Well done SYFR and paramedics involved.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s