Hillsborough Forum has now launched the Hillsborough in Bloom Competition for local people as part of neighbourhood-wide activities taking place over the next six months.
- Best Small Garden – This can be front or back
- Best container planting – be it hanging basket, tub, window box or even an unusual planter made from something different (such as an old boot)
- Best retail business display
- Best Public House/restaurant/hotel
- Greenest place of worship
- Schools / nurseries – show those little green fingers
- The bloom photo competition – The theme for this is ‘community’ so email a picture representing community in Hillsborough
Entry forms can be found in Ruby’s Cafe, the Transport Interchange and Teddybear Maker. Alternatively, contestants can email their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name, address, contact number and the category entered.
Judging will commence in late July and there will be an invite to the awards gala in October.