Top quality food will be on sale in Penistone this Saturday 13th February.
February’s “Penistone local food and farmers’ market” takes place at the Market Place. It will be the fourth such event and will hopefully establish itself as an increasingly popular and valued community resource.
Local produce for local people, but don’t worry if you live further away – you will be very welcome! Come and have a look, come and buy something special – You won’t be disappointed!
Held every second Saturday of the month, dates for the next few markets are:
- Saturday 13th February 2010
- Saturday 13th March 2010
- Saturday 10th April 2010
Stallholders booked for Saturday 13th February include:-
- Granny B’s – cakes and morning goods
- Bryan’s Butchers – Pies and meats
- Scrumy Umptious – sweet and savoury muffins
- Pog Lane Produce – free range eggs and chicken with some produce from Whirlow Hall Farm
- Melanies Chocolates – hand made chocolates
- The Country Companion – crafts
- Jim Rooney – honey
- Andrew Colwill – range of meats as well as bacon and sausage
Penistone local food and farmers’ market takes place at the Market Place – off Market Street in the centre of Penistone – except for September, when the market is in the Food Tent in the Penistone Show. (Click here for a location map.)
The market officially starts at 9.00am and finishes by 1.00pm. Many stall holders are at the market from around 8.00am and will serve you if you need to be there early and then get away!